We’ve been reaching out to all LAO Lawyers in a variety of ways to discuss our campaign for collective bargaining rights and the potential we have if we vote YES and form our own bargaining unit as members of The Society of Energy Professionals.
We made videos! We’re hoping these will help answer some of the frequently asked questions we’ve gotten.
You can see all the videos here.
These are links to individual videos on different topics:
- How did this all get started?
- Why The Society?
- Why do I support the union?
- Why a union? – 1
- What autonomy would we have as members of The Society?
- What do union dues pay for? – 1
- What can having a collective agreement mean for workplace relations?
- How can having a union change a workplace?
- Why a union? – 2
- Being a union member is not a conflict with our professional obligations
- What happens after a successful YES vote?
- What do union dues pay for? – 2
- What about regional representation?
- What happens after the vote?
- I care about our clients